The jury will evaluate your solution based on these six criteria. The jury criteria are equally important, except Diversity which the jury will put extra focus on. The jury criteria are the same for all 8 challenge categories.
The jury will be announced at a later date.
Diversity – Diversity in teams is an important factor to achieve a high level of innovation
- How diverse is your team?
- Is there a good balance regarding gender, skills, competence, background and age?
Comprehensibility – Comprehensibility of the solution proposal’s value proposition and main use case
- Is it easy to understand the solution?
- Is it easy to understand how the solution works and how it will be implemented to solve the challenge?
- How well detailed is the description of the solution?
- Does it include an understanding of the key stakeholders and ecosystems that are relevant to the realisation of the solution?
- Will the end users of the solution understand it too, or do they need special skills to take part of it or use it?
Realisability – Realisability of the solution from its current idea stage to implemented solution, used by its intended users in its problem context
- How realistic is the time plan?
- Does the solution have access to all the needed data (if applicable)?
- How well are potential risks calculated for?
- How soon can the solution be available to the intended users?
- Is the technology mature enough (if applicable)?
- Can a minimum viable product be created within 3 months?
- Can a proof of concept be created within 6 months?
Innovativeness – Innovativeness of the idea behind the solution, as well as the intended technology to be used in an implementation of the solution (if applicable).
- In what way is this solution innovative?
- Are there existing or similar solutions?
- How does the solution differ from any existing solutions?
Scalability – Scalability of the solution if it is implemented and realized.
- How many are experiencing the problem that this solution is intended to solve (if applicable)?
- How well does this solution scale?
Solving the SDGs – Does this solution correlate to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals and how well does it solve the challenge it is intended to address.
- How well does the solution correlate to the SDGs?
- In what respect does the solution solve one or more of the SDGs?
- How many in the solutions target audience would experience an improvement and how extensive would that improvement be?